What is a retreat at Raga Svara?
- Raga Svara is a place to take a pause from the daily stresses of life. Our body, mind and spirit are overburdened. Our retreats are means and a path to find a balance to stay away from modern lifestyle diseases and the general malaise. We practice authentic Ayurveda and Yoga systems at Raga. We offer various retreat options. Please check our retreats here.
How many days should I stay for?
- You are encouraged to plan your retreat around your interests and goals to create a more meaningful and guided experience. Each of our retreats has a different number of nights required for the stay. To fully enjoy the benefits of Ayurveda and Yoga, please review the number of nights required for each retreat on this page.
What are the prices and where do I book?
- You can view the retreat prices here.
What are the inclusions in retreat packages?
Irrespective of the duration of stay or retreat selection, all retreats (other than Yoga Retreat) at Raga Svara are inclusive of the following:
- Luxury accommodation
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, evening tea, dinner)
- Daily two personalized Ayurveda therapies (not included in Yoga Retreat)
- Daily Yoga/Meditation sessions
- Doctor’s consultation on arrival
- Personalized treatment plan
- All internal Ayurveda medicines prescribed and taken during stay (optional)
- All campus dynamic programming such as cuisine lessons, Yoga philosophy sessions, Ayurveda lifestyle sessions, nature walk, etc.
- Airport transfers to and from Rajkot Airport.
- Departure consultation
- Access to all our retreat facilities such as swimming pool, library, gardens, etc.
- Note: Inclusions are subject to change without prior notice. Please refer to the booking page and the retreat information page for updated information at the time of booking.
What therapies are included in each retreat?
Ayurveda forms the foundation of our therapeutic approach, with Yoga as a supporting but essential element of a holistic retreat. Our experts of Ayurveda, Yoga, and wellness cuisine design treatment protocols for each guest.
A partial list of therapies is as follows:
- Niruha Vasti
- Sneha Vasti
- Kashaya Dhara
- Ksheera Dhara
- Churna Pinda Sweda
- Sarvanga Abhyanga
- And many more.
What is the difference between Megh Suite and Raga Villa?
We offer two types of living spaces: Megh Suites and Raga Villas. All living spaces at Raga are luxurious and carefully designed.
- Megh Suites are spacious and luxuriously appointed rooms of approximately 600 sq ft (inclusive of balcony/garden). A private garden/balcony is provided in each room. All rooms have a king-sized bed, a study table, spacious wardrobes, a bathroom with a garden view, and a balcony. You can view pictures here.
- Raga Villas are the epitome of luxurious living in harmony with natural surroundings. Our design language ensures that you feel engulfed in nature while being in comfort. Each villa is approximately 2300 sqft (inclusive of private gardens). Private gardens surround each villa. Each villa has a bedroom with a king-sized bed, a living room with a private garden, a private plunge pool, a study table, a large bathroom, and wardrobes. You can view pictures here.
What are the additional charges for the third adult in the room?
- You can add an extra adult or child in the booking page to check additional prices.
Are Non-Resident guests allowed on campus? Are we allowed to move out of the campus?
- Only retreat guests are allowed on campus. We generally discourage leaving the campus during your retreat. During your Ayurveda retreat, we strongly advise complete rest and relaxation for the body and mind. For emergencies, you may consult our doctor for further advice.
What are the check-in & check-out timings?
- Check-in time: 02:00 pm
- Check-out time: 12:00 pm (noon)
What is the best time of the year to visit Raga?
- Our campus is beautiful in all six seasons: Vasant (Spring), Grishma (Summer), Varsha (Monsoon), Sharad (Autumn), Hemant (Pre-winter), and Shishir (Winter). Our trees, plants, and foliage have different characters in each season, and one can experience the beauty of nature in all its diversity throughout the year. Temperatures in peak summer (May and June) can get uncomfortable in outdoor areas, but all indoor areas are centrally air-conditioned for your comfort.
Are kids allowed on the campus?
- We do not encourage bringing kids below 12 years of age to the retreat. Peace and introspection are key to experiencing Raga Svara in its fullness. However, we understand that sometimes there are unavoidable circumstances in which you may have to bring a toddler with you. In case you decide to bring a child with you, please refer to our child policy on the campus here.
What does a day look like at Raga Svara?
A day at Raga is a balance of planned activities and free exploration. A day might look as follows:
- 7:00 am to 8:00 am - Morning Yoga
- Ayurveda therapy - 1: Time is given by the doctor (before lunch)
- Ayurveda therapy - 2: Time is given by the doctor
- 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm - Evening Meditation or Yoga
- Additionally, there is dynamic programming such as Cuisine lessons, Yoga philosophy, Garden walks, etc. All guests are free to attend or not attend programming sessions. We provide these great experiences, which we believe are unique and add to mental and physical wellness in totality.
- Note: Programming and typical day schedules can change without prior notice. The above is only indicative.